Home » Posts tagged 上海419龙凤

Next year’s Olympics will be cancelled if pandemic not over: Games chief

first_imgThe postponed Tokyo 2020 Olympics will be cancelled if the coronavirus pandemic isn’t brought under control by next year, the organizing committee’s president said in comments published Tuesday.The pandemic has already forced a year-long delay of the Games, which are now scheduled to open on July 23, 2021, but Tokyo 2020 president Yoshiro Mori said no further postponement was possible.In an interview with Japan’s Nikkan Sports daily, Mori was categorical when asked if the Olympics could be delayed until 2022 if the pandemic remains a threat next year, replying: “No.” Topics : “In that case, it’s cancelled,” Mori said.Mori said the Games had been cancelled previously only during wartime and compared the battle against coronavirus to “fighting an invisible enemy”.If the virus is successfully contained, “we’ll hold the Olympics in peace next summer”, he added. “Mankind is betting on it.”Under heavy pressure from athletes and sports associations, Japanese organizers and the International Olympic Committee agreed in March to a year-long postponement of the Games.center_img Organizers and Japanese officials have said the delayed Olympics will be a chance to showcase the world’s triumph over the coronavirus, but questions have arisen about whether even a year’s postponement is sufficient.On Tuesday, the head of Japan Medical Association warned it would be “exceedingly difficult” to hold the Games next year if a vaccine had not been found.”I would not say that they should not be held, but it would be exceedingly difficult,” Yoshitake Yokokura told reporters at a briefing.And last week a Japanese medical expert who has criticized the country’s response to the coronavirus warned that he was “very pessimistic” that the postponed Olympics can be held in 2021.last_img read more

Continue reading

USA eyes redemption, ‘Green Machine’ wants title

first_imgIT WAS American race-car legend Bobby Unser who said: “Success is where preparation and opportunity meet” – a statement that is oftentimes exemplified by Guyana’s National Rugby team, which is considered as one of country’s most consistent national programmes in sport.Nicknamed the ‘Green Machine’ because of their style of play which made them the Caribbean’s top Rugby-playing nation at both formats of the game (15s and 7s), the Guyanese side will face the USA today from 14:00hrs at the National Park Rugby Field, in the final of the Rugby Americas North (RAN) 15s tournament.“I still remember what happened in 2014 like it was yesterday and that’s one of the reasons we’re here; to get revenge and win the title,” said the USA head coach Rene Daniel while speaking to Chronicle Sport after the team’s first practice session since arriving in Guyana.Daniel, reminiscing on the game where captain Ryan Gonsalves scored a conversion in the closing seconds of extra time to give Guyana a 30-27 win over the USA in Atlanta, said that the game was one of the best of the year (2014) across the IRB, and while he didn’t have sleepless nights about the loss, a win today against Guyana is the only thing on his side’s mind.“We’re hoping to return the favour, absolutely. In fact, it’s nice that we’re down here (in Guyana) because this is our first visit. It will be a good rivalry just like the USA in soccer,” Daniel said.He added “I have been following Guyana over the past year when they played against the usual teams – Trinidad, Barbados – and as usual their sevens team have been playing really well. I thought they’re a team that could win one against USA or Canada because Guyana has tremendous athletes”USA during practice session yesterday at the National Park“Our biggest strength for the game (today) is that we’ll play as a unit. We don’t have a particular player to say that if he’s lacking we’re going to replace him, so we will certainly be playing together,” the USA coach.Guyana will have a chance to not only reclaim the title that was won by Mexico last year, but also do something that several teams in RAN have never done; beat the USA twice.After Guyana outclassed Trinidad and Tobago 24-17 on June 10, they were preparing for a trip to Mexico City to face Mexico who were tipped to beat the Cayman Islands.However, the game proved how unpredictable sports could be, since the Cayman Islands emerged winners 39-17 over the Mexicans, which means that the Americans were crowned RAN’s North Zone champions.The visit by the USA will mark their first to Guyana and their second in the Caribbean after travelling to Trinidad and Tobago in 2013 where they left with the RAN 15s title; winning 26-18.“This game means a lot for us and I know the guys are going to leave everything on the field tomorrow (today) because we have a point to prove,” said the Green Machine captain Gonsalves.Not since their triumph at the 2010 CAC Games (7s championship) at the Guyana National Stadium have the Green Machine played any of their many major finals at home, and as such, Gonsalves believes that crowd support will be significant.Gonsalves said that most of the squad from 2014 will be returning to face the USA today, including Vallon Adams and Claudius Butts who brought the game back for Guyana in Atlanta.The scrum off player told Chronicle Sport that more than anything, he’s hoping that a ‘sea of yellow and green’ will flood the National Park to cheer them on.Gonsalves said that he’s happy, that for the first time in seven years, Guyana will be playing for a major title at home and as such he encouraged everyone to “come out and give us that energy.”TEAM: Jason Tyrell, Claudius Butts, Rickford Cummings, Ryan Gonsalves, Vallon Adams, Richard Staglon, Peabo Hamilton, Avery Corbin, Godfrey Broomes, Ronald Mayers, Ahmed Issacs, Dwayne Schroeder, Kevon David, Rondell McArthur, Ronald Mayers, Allen Crawford, Dillon Downer, Cyon Pitt, Lancelot Adonis, Cloyd Prowell, Jamal Angus and Patrick King.last_img read more

Continue reading

Pakistan to tour England despite numerous Covid-19 positive players

first_imgAdvertisement 235NBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs3otWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre E2j7q7( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) aydi8Would you ever consider trying this?😱oju0k8Can your students do this? 🌚3ix2i64Roller skating! Powered by Firework COVID-19 pandemic has brought the world into standstill which not only affected people’s lives but also postponed every sporting events across the globe. However, the pandemic has started affecting players lives too which included Pakistan players as well.Advertisement Image Courtesy: NDTV SportsThe players who have been infected so far are former Pakistan player Shahid Afridi, Bangladesh player Mashrafe Mortaza, Pakistan players Shadab Khan, Haider Ali and Haris Rauf, Kashif Bhatti, Mohammad Hasnain, Fakhar Zaman, Mohammad Rizwan, Mohammad Hafeez, Wahab Riaz, and Imran Khan. Amid this situation, Pakistan are ready to tour to England even as ten players from the 29-man touring party tested positive for Covid-19.Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) recently shared the news which also included Malang Ali (masseur), a member of the team’s support staff. However, despite only 19 players are fit for the tour, PCB is confident that the series can go ahead. As per the report in The News, PCB CEO Wasim Khan had contacted to England Cricket Board (ECB) officials and asked their support.Advertisement Pakistan have four reserve players for the tour — Bilal Asif, Imran Butt, Musa Khan and Mohammad Nawaz – for the tour who will now undergo testing for COVID-19. n the other hand, Pakistan’s head coach and chief selector Misbah-ul-Haq will choose more reserve players in order to strengthen the squad in case more players get affected by the virus. Moreover, the affected players will undergo retests with the hope that the result might come out negative.“The tour to England is very much on track and the side will depart as per schedule on 28 June,” said Wasim Khan.Advertisement “Fortunately, all the first-choice red-ball squad, barring Mohammad Rizwan, are negative, which means they can start training and practicing immediately after they have been tested and given the all clear when they arrive in England. As regards the players, who have tested positive, we will continue to monitor and support them, including conducting antibody tests, and as soon as they test negative, they will be flown to join the squad in England. At the moment, they have been advised to go into self-isolation so that they not only recover quickly but also prevent their other family members from being infected,” he further added.Pakistan are scheduled to tour England on a chartered plane soon. They will play three Tests and three T20Is there. This will be Pakistan’s first international series since March whereas England will take on West Indies in a three-match Test series soon.If you like reading about MMA, make sure you check out MMAIndia.com Also, follow India’s biggest arm wrestling tournament at ProPanja.comALSO READ:Why Sourav Ganguly was made Indian captain instead of Sachin TendulkarGautam Gambhir reveals he was asked to plead guilty to Shane Watson elbowing incident in 2008! Advertisementlast_img read more

Continue reading

Renovations almost complete at Queen Elizabeth Park

first_imgThe finishing touches were being applied to renovations at Queen Elizabeth Park in Nelson Sunday afternoon as baseball players, volunteers and parents filled the base paths with crush shale from Cache Creek.The crush shale is part of the $20,000 renovations to the Nelson and District Baseball Association home park that will be completed in time for the 2015 season.The complete overhaul of the diamond, located in Fairview, includes new sod and shale along with a proposed 25-foot high fence in right field to stop balls from getting caught up in the tall grass.last_img

Continue reading

Team effort sees Arcata High through to AIBT semis

first_imgMason Railsback scored 22 points and the Arcata High boys basketball team recovered from a slow start to down visiting Red Bluff 81-59, Thursday night in the opening-round of the Arcata Invitational Basketball Tournament at Arcata High.Red Bluff (1-5) pounced on the Tigers early, taking a 10-2 lead midway through the first-quarter thanks in part to a pair of 3-pointers from Jayden Magana.Arcata (5-1) responded with a 13-8 run to close the quarter helped by a few buckets from Garrett Hall and …last_img

Continue reading

Embattled Ronaldo prepares to play for Juventus

first_imgUdine, Italy, Oct 6 (AFP) Cristiano Ronaldo is ready to play for Juventus against Udinese on Saturday, despite rape claims made against him, although his coach Massimiliano Allegri admits he may be tempted to rest the embattled star.The Portuguese superstar has travelled with the Italian champions to play at Udine, a small town in northeastern Italy on the border with Slovenia, in a match kicking off at 1600 GMT.US police on Monday re-opened an investigation into accusations by former American model Kathryn Mayorga that the former five-time Ballon d’Or winner raped her in a Las Vegas hotel in June 2009.”Ronaldo is doing well, he is ready to play. His professionalism and his composure on and off the pitch are not in question,” Allegri said Friday.”I could go with a front three of Mario Mandzukic, Paulo Dybala and Cristiano Ronaldo, or alternatively one of them could be rested,” he added.The Italian sports press predicted on Saturday that the match against Udinese, lying 14th in Serie A, could be the most difficult of the season for Juventus, who are looking for a tenth straight win in all competitions.”Stronger than the mud,” headlined Turin daily Tuttosport, a traditional backer of Juventus, above a photograph of Ronaldo dining with the team, and a bigger picture of the star smiling.”CRSexe,” was the front-page headline on Rome-based Corriere dello Sport, referring to the allegations. Another headline said “World of Juve shaken” after the club’s share price plunged almost 10 percent on Friday.The back page was covered in an advert for Ronaldo’s line of underwear.Ronaldo, 33, has strenuously denied the accusations and has hired David Chesnoff, known as the lawyer of the stars, to defend him.advertisementThe Las Vegas-based criminal lawyer has already worked with well-known athletes like Shaquille O’Neal, Mike Tyson and Andre Agassi.After initially dismissing the accusations as “fake news” on Instagram, the former Real Madrid player took to social media during the week to “firmly deny” the accusations.”Rape is an abominable crime that goes against everything that I am and believe in,” he said on his Twitter feed, which has 75 million followers.- Sponsors concerned -======================However, there have been off-field consequences to the controversy.Just two weeks ago, shares in Juventus rose 180 percent to a record level of over 1.80 euros. On Friday, they closed down 9.92 percent at 1.19 euros on the Milan stock exchange.Nike has said it is “deeply concerned” by the allegations against one of their marquee athletes whose relationship with the US sportswear giant is rumoured to be worth $1 billion (869 million euros).”We are deeply concerned by the disturbing allegations and will continue to closely monitor the situation,” a Nike spokesman said.According to Forbes magazine, Ronaldo is one of only three athletes to have been given a lifetime deal with Nike, joining an elite club that also includes NBA icons LeBron James and Michael Jordan.EA Sports, for whom Ronaldo is a leading figure in their phenomenally successful FIFA video game market, also described the allegations as “concerning”.”We are closely monitoring the situation, as we expect cover athletes and ambassadors to conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with EA’s values,” the group said in a statement.Juventus have so far stood behind Ronaldo, who moved to Turin in the summer in a 100 million euro ($115 million) deal from Real Madrid.However, the Italian club’s reaction to the issue has angered some fans.The Portuguese striker “has shown in recent months his great professionalism and dedication, which is appreciated by everyone at Juventus”, the club wrote on Twitter on Thursday, breaking their silence over the allegations.”The events allegedly dating back to almost 10 years ago do not change this opinion, which is shared by anyone who has come into contact with this great champion.”Juventus later posted a video on YouTube and Twitter showing their star celebrating a goal, with the caption: “Cristiano Ronaldo finds the target!” The defending Serie A champions’ tweets were widely panned on social media as “dismissive” and “insensitive”. (AFP) APAAPAlast_img read more

Continue reading

a month agoWilfried Zaha hits out at Crystal Palace teammates

first_imgWilfried Zaha hits out at Crystal Palace teammatesby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveWilfried Zaha has hit out at his Crystal Palace teammates over their poor start to the season.A 4-0 defeat away to Tottenham in their last match suggested there is still much room for improvement.And Zaha told HLTCO: “As much as I do on the pitch, I can’t play in every position.”I give 100 per cent, but there are 11 on the pitch and everyone needs to pull their weight.”As for the transfer speculation during the close-season, the Ivory Coast international added: “What happened in the summer happened… there were things I was told that did not happen and I was not happy about it. But I’m still a Palace player and want to do well for the club.”The fans care about your wellbeing and I will always love Palace – whatever happens.” TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

Continue reading

Gibson China Takes the Lead in Crude Oil Imports

first_imgzoom China has risen as the world’s largest importer of crude oil, moving ahead of the United States, according to data provided by Gibson Shipbrokers.Namely, China reached an average of 8.55 million b/d of crude oil imports in the first half of 2017 compared with 8.12 million b/d imported by the United States.The ship broking company said that the country’s ever greater role in the global oil market, coupled with declining domestic production and refinery expansions, should prove positive to tanker demand in years to come.Although this trend looks set to continue, “other factors play a role,” Gibson Shipbrokers said.One of the biggest differences between China and the United States is domestic oil production. China’s domestic crude production has been in gradual decline. Gibson cited data by Reuters showing that domestic production fell by 5.1% in the first 6 months of 2017, averaging 3.89 million b/d. This is in contrast to growing US production as the shale industry has been revitalised in recent months and highlights a growing trend in China of increased crude imports to replace declining domestic production.“Another factor driving imports has been the continuing effort to build strategic petroleum reserves (SPR). Finding accurate data on the levels of SPR build can be difficult. However, by adding crude imports to domestic production, minus refinery throughput an idea of surplus oil used to build SPR can be identified.”Gibson informed that it is assumed that China will continue to build their SPR for years to come with the IEA highlighting 2020 as a tentative completion date, with 182 million barrels of storage space yet to be commissioned.China plans to add 2.5 million b/d of refining capacity by 2020, supporting growth in Chinese oil imports into the future, a recent presentation from Sinopec shows.“In recent years the expansion of China’s refining capacity has pressured regional refining margins, as China’s refined product exports rise. Politics may impact this in the future, but expanding capacity does look set to place China in a more dominant position within the refined products market.”last_img read more

Continue reading

Father of girl who died after Amber Alert issued en route to

first_imgThe Canadian Press BRAMPTON, Ont. — The father of an 11-year-old girl found dead after being the subject of an Amber Alert is heading back to a Toronto suburb to face charges in her death.Peel Regional Police Const. Danny Marttini says Roopesh Rajkumar was arrested by provincial police more than an hour away from Brampton, Ont., where his daughter’s body was found in his home.Riya Rajkumar was the subject of a brief Amber Alert late Thursday night, but found dead shortly afterwards.Marttini says Riya’s mother came to police with concerns about her daughter’s well-being based on comments allegedly made by Rajkumar, her former boyfriend.Police have previously said Rajkumar was spending time with Riya to celebrate her birthday when she was killed.Marttini says it’s too soon to know exactly when Rajkumar, 41, may be charged or what counts he will be facing.last_img read more

Continue reading