Home » Posts tagged 上海夜网论坛

India wins Scottish title by record 12 shots

first_img25 Jul 2014 India wins Scottish title by record 12 shots England girl international India Clyburn shot nine-under par 65 today to sweep to a superb 12-shot win in the Scottish Ladies’ junior open stroke play championship at Alloa. The 17-year-old from Woodhall Spa in Lincolnshire finished the U21 event on 15-under par after playing perfect golf in the final round. She was bogey-free and scored  seven birdies and an eagle – holing a wedge shot from 80 yards for a two on the 10th. India also won the U18 trophy and her 12-shot victory is the biggest winning margin in the tournament’s history. The joint runners-up were Scotland’s Jess Meek, Gabrielle MacDonald and Hannah McCook, who all scored three-under par for the championship.  Two other English players – both from Lancashire – finished in the top 10: Roanne Tomlinson (Haydock Park) tied fifth on level par and Eloise Healey (West Lancs) tied seventh on one-over. This is India’s biggest win – and one of the first to congratulate her by text was her sister, Holly, a former Curtis Cup player and now a winner on the Ladies European Tour. “It feels good, really good,” said India, who is the Lincolnshire champion and a past winner of the Midlands North ladies’ title. “That was good too, but this is definitely the biggest competition I’ve ever won.”   She was two off the pace after opening the 54-hole tournament with two-under-par 72, and then shot four-under to take a one-stroke lead into the final round. She soon left the opposition trailing, reaching the turn in four-under with birdies on the 2nd, 5th, 8th and 9th. She was five-under for the back nine following her eagle on 10 with birdies on 12, 15 and 16. “I didn’t expect to shoot nine-under,” said India, as she described her lowest-ever round. “I wanted to go out and play every shot as it came and focus on my game – it all came together and I putted really well.” India recently represented England in the European girls’ team championship and said: “That was a really good experience. I played well out there against the European players and it gave me confidence.” Her next event is the English girls’ championship, which starts on Tuesday at The Warwickshire. Then she’ll again represent England in the Girls’ Home Internationals on Ireland, before playing in the British girls’ championship. Click here for full scores in the Scottish junior open stroke play championshiplast_img read more

Continue reading

Family’s heartache after grave destroyed by vandals

first_imgA local family in Letterkenny are appealing for information after their family grave was destroyed last week.The shocking incident took place at New Leck graveyard, where a number of valuable items were smashed at one plot.The family made the grim discovery on Saturday, when they visited the grave to find that four angel statues were broken, the floor was damaged, a specially-engraved heart, pillars and surroundings were smashed and chunks were broken from a stone bible. It is believed that the alleged vandalism took place between Thursday 7th March and the morning of Saturday 9th March.A family member told Donegal Daily: “We are absolutely devastated. But especially our mother/grandmother whose husband and first born son is buried here and isn’t coping. How anyone could do such an evil act on her dearest’s place of rest? We are all worried sick.“We are hoping that somebody saw something. New Leck usually a busy graveyard, maybe someone was there and disturbed them.“This has been our family plot for the last 18 years. The worst thing about it is that we don’t know if we can get the same colour stone again to replace them.” The incident has been reported to gardaí and anyone with any information is asked to contact Letterkenny Garda Station on 0749167100Family’s heartache after grave destroyed by vandals was last modified: March 13th, 2019 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:gravenew leck graveyardvandalismlast_img read more

Continue reading

Isaac Go channels inner Paul Desiderio in clutch shot for Ateneo

first_imgPhoto by Tristan Tamayo/INQUIRER.netPaul Desiderio once declared “atin ‘to papasok ‘to (this game is ours, this shot will go in)!” before he drilled a crushing triple that knocked down University of Santo Tomas, 74-73, in University of the Philippines’ season opener.Isaac Go took a page from Desiderio’s playbook when he unleashed his clutch gene in Ateneo’s 88-84 Final Four victory over Far Eastern University.ADVERTISEMENT Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC Go, however, couldn’t replicate Desiderio’s braggadocio as the Nieto twins, Matt and Mike, immediately shut him down. “Corny,” chorused the brothers.READ: Go moves on from costly miss in Ateneo loss to La SalleAteneo’s jovial big man connected with Matt on a hand-off after the latter drew the double team that allowed Go to get an open look at the top of the key.“I think I just got a good shot fake and Richard [Escoto] jumped but I still got a clear shot,” said Go who finished with 13 points, nine from downtown, and nine boards. “I got a really good sight of the basket so I took it.”Go added his clutch triple wasn’t a spur-of-the-moment thing as it was the product of head coach Tab Baldwin’s trust in them.ADVERTISEMENT Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. For the complete collegiate sports coverage including scores, schedules and stories, visit Inquirer Varsity. Read Next CPP denies ‘Ka Diego’ arrest caused ‘mass panic’ among S. Tagalog NPA View comments LATEST STORIES The gentle center of Ateneo knocked down a three-pointer with 8.5 seconds remaining that tied the game in regulation 75-75 followed by shy smile as a celebration.READ: Desiderio walks the talk in UP’s last-second win over USTFEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutDuring that moment, he was thinking about Desiderio’s heroism.“I wanted to do what Paul did when he shouted ‘atin ‘to papasok ‘to! (this game is ours, this shot will go in!)’,” said Go Wednesday at Mall of Asia Arena. Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles00:59Sports venues to be ready in time for SEA Games01:27Filipino athletes get grand send-off ahead of SEA Games01:47Panelo casts doubts on Robredo’s drug war ‘discoveries’01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justicecenter_img Varsity-based teams banner PBA D-League Aspirants’ Cup field Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH Kris Aquino ‘pretty chill about becoming irrelevant’ Japan ex-PM Nakasone who boosted ties with US dies at 101 QC cops nab robbery gang leader, cohort Kammuri turning to super typhoon less likely but possible — Pagasa READ: Ateneo escapes FEU in OT, faces La Salle in UAAP Finals rematch“This just shows that coach Tab trusts us and how much he trusts the work we put in,” said Go. “We’ve been playing since January. We put in hours after hours of work for that one moment. We have to dig deep from all those months of preparation for that one moment.” Stronger peso trims PH debt value to P7.9 trillion MOST READlast_img read more

Continue reading

10 months agoSantos president Peres reveals talks with Man Utd midfielder Pereira

first_imgSantos president Peres reveals talks with Man Utd midfielder Pereiraby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester United midfielder Andreas Pereira is a target for Santos.Santos president José Carlos Peres admits they’re already in talks with the player’s camp.He told A Tribuna: “He is a player that interests us a lot. He is a santista and wants to play for Santos. The family is trying. His father wants to see him at Santos for at least a year.“The problem is that Manchester are playing hard. We know the end of the contract is in the middle of the year, but we want the player now. “With his father, I’ve been speaking, but we have not yet entered into the details of values.” TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

Continue reading