Home » Articles posted by admin (Page 2)

Time proved Castillejo right

first_imgA series* Data updated as of February 9, 2020 7 Both last summer and January, in Italy he rumored about his possible goodbye. Proposals were not lacking, but the end always discarded them having clear their objective: to succeed in rossonero. Your agent, Manuel García Quilónhe declared to Calciomercato.it: “We will not listen to offers from other clubs: Castillejo will stay in Milan, where he is very happy.” Few believed him, but in the end it was like that. In Italy it is said that “il tempo è galantuomo”: time is a gentleman and, if you are right and patient, it will reward you. Samu Castillejo had a lot, in Milan. Arrived from Villarreal In the summer of 2018, he had to wait a year and a half to prove all that is worth. In his first season he barely added eight meetings as a starter and this course began in a similar way: only four games in the initial eleven in 18 days of A series. With the arrival of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, many hierarchies have changed. Pioli He drew a 4-4-2 to exalt the characteristics of the Swede and the right band, where he reigned Suso, became the garden of Castillejo. The Malaga has become an untouchable holder and the Cádiz left to Seville, something unthinkable a year ago.In the last six games, the former Villarreal has always left the start, signing a goal, two assists and outstanding performances in both phases, praised by the Italian press that defined him “the best rossonera surprise of January”. The Milailani thus added five wins and one draw, qualifying for the semifinal of Italian Cup (which will be played with the Juventus) and getting back into the fight for European positions.“Samu is returning to his level and must take every opportunity”said Pioli, who will have a fundamental test tonight: before the Inter, we will understand how far your new Milan can go. And Castillejo, meanwhile, points to his first Derbi della Madonnina as a starter.last_img read more

Continue reading

João Félix loses 10% of its value; Lemar continues its fall

first_imgThe rest of the players who lower their price are Koke (from 70 to 60), Morata (from 50 to 45), Savic (from 35 to 32), Blacksmith (from 22 to 20), Llorente (from 30 to 20), Diego Coast (from 25 to 18), Vrsaljko (from 20 to 15), Arias (from 18 to 15), Saponjic (from 3 to 1.5) and Adam (from 1.5 to 1). On the opposite side of the scale are Renan Lodi, Felipe and Ángel Correa, three of the great protagonists of the rojiblanca season. The Brazilian side adds to his potential (he is 21 years old) the amount of minutes he is having on his arrival at the club (he is the sixth player in the squad with more 2,380 minutes), increasing its value from 25 million to 35.Felipe for his part began as a secondary actor, but is currently one of the best players in Atlético this season. Despite his seniority (30 years) the great performance of the Brazilian has made him one of the great centers of Europe and has grown from 25 million to 32 (He had already risen five in December compared to his signing). Finally Ángel Correa, who had one foot outside the club in the summer, is currently the most fit player in the mattress attack. His 7 goals and 8 assists have led him to increase from 35 million to 40. In addition to Oblak and Saúl, Giménez (70), Thomas (50), Trippier (35), Carrasco (28), Beautiful (25) and Vitolo (18) They maintain their market value. The Atlético squad has not come out well of the new calibration on the market value that has carried out Transfermarkt. A common practice every few months of the website specialized in establishing the right price of the players and that has reduced the price of 12 of the members of the rojiblanca workforce, increased that of three and maintained that of the other eight. João Félix is ​​one of those cases which has lost value since the last estimate, dating from the month of December. After signing for Atlético from Benfica for the amount of its clause (127.2 million), its market value reached 100 million, taking into account its age, the price of the transfer and its potential. However, the injuries, the little offensive production and the little participation he has had in recent months has led him to lower his value to 90 million, the second most expensive of the workforce tied with Saul and behind Oblak (100) two of the players who keep their baggage. The Portuguese at 20 years still has a lot of room to recover that lost value. More complicated it has Lemar to return to its highest peak, the 70 million he reached in his signing for Atlético. In December 2018, five months after the transfer, the Frenchman dropped from 70 to 60 million. I would descend to 50 in February 2019, 40 in June and 30 today. A loss of 10 million in each recalibration that has meant that at present its value is less than half that less than two years ago in its signing. last_img read more

Continue reading

Scandal in Greece: Olympiacos would be demoted

first_imgNow the middle of Greece SDNA reports on this occasion that an investigation by a member of the Greek Code of Conduct has concluded that There are reasonable suspicions against the club and its president. It even points to three games from Olympiacos and one from Panathinaikos, at that time rival of the Piraeus club, like the rigged.Marinakis, also owner of the Nottingham Forest of the Championship, could be disqualified for life and Olympiacos sentenced to pay a fine of three million euros. The Olympiacos is close to being relegated to the Greek second division and its president and owner, Evangelos Marinakis, suspended for life by match-fixing scandal. The investigation dates back to a February 2015 league game: Olympiacos-Atromitos (2-1). The match was investigated at first but then the Greek Football Federation decided to close the case.last_img read more

Continue reading

Windies go four from four in T20 warm-up

first_imgDUBAI (CMC): OPENER Johnson Charles extended his good form while captain Darren Sammy and Ashley Nurse blasted cameos as West Indies completed their unofficial warm-ups with a three-wicket win over English County Warwickshire here yesterday. Chasing a competitive 159 at the Dubai International Stadium, West Indies romped to their target with seven balls to spare, with Charles stroking 48 off 26 balls, Sammy getting 34 off 18 deliveries, and Nurse carving out an unbeaten 25 off just nine balls. The victory ensured West Indies made a clean sweep of the preparation T20 fixtures, after twice beating Zimbabwe in Sharjah last week and also winning the first game against Warwickshire on Friday. Winning the toss and opting to bat, Warwickshire rallied to 157 for five off their 20 overs, with opener Sam Hain top-scoring with 85 off 57 balls, with nine fours and three sixes. Tim Ambrose struck 29 not out from 20 deliveries with two fours and a six, while former international batsman Jonathan Trott chipped in with 28 from 24 balls. West Indies slow bowlers did the damage with leg-spinner Samuel Badree claiming two for 17 and off-spinner Ashley Nurse, two for 28. Warwickshire lost Jonathon Webb for one in the second over with the score on two, but were hauled back into the contest courtesy of a 60-run, second-wicket stand between Hain and Trott. When three wickets fell for 12 runs in the space of two overs, Hain and Ambrose ensured a Warwickshire recovery with a 78-run, fifth-wicket stand off just 44 deliveries. In reply, West Indies flourished thanks to a 49-run first-wicket stand between Charles and Andre Fletcher, who made just six. Both fell in the space of five deliveries in the sixth over, but Marlon Samuels (18) and Dwayne Bravo (13) put on 30 to revive the innings. Bravo’s demise in the 11th over triggered a slide where West Indies lost four wickets for 13 runs in the space of 23 deliveries. Once again, the Caribbean side were bailed out by their pugnacious lower order as Sammy and Nurse dominated the Warwickshire attack in an up-tempo 55-run partnership off 23 balls. Sammy struck four fours and one six, while Nurse gathered three fours and a six. West Indies will fly to Kolkata today for their two official warm-up games of the Twenty20 World Cup against Australia and India.last_img read more

Continue reading

Ronaldo hits five, Messi lifts Barca

first_imgBARCELONA, Spain (AP):Cristiano Ronaldo netted five goals to become Real Madrid’s all-time leading scorer in the Spanish league, while Lionel Messi scored as a substitute to give Barcelona a 2-1 win at Atletico Madrid yesterday.Ronaldo recorded his second career five-goal game to lead Madrid’s 6-0 rout at Espanyol, taking his tally to 231 goals in 203 matches and eclipsing Raul Gonzalez’s mark of 228 goals in 550 games.In the clash between the last two champions, Fernando Torres put Atletico ahead in the 51st minute, only for Neymar to equalise from a free-kick four minutes later.Messi was on the bench following the recent birth of his second son. But he went on for the final half hour and immediately changed the match, scoring the 77th-minute winner from Luis Suarez’s pass.”When we have the best player with us, we all play better,” Neymar said.Barcelona moved to the top of the standings with the defending champion’s third win in as many rounds. Madrid were two points behind and Atletico three behind.At both games, players wore T-shirts before the match in support of aid efforts to help the thousands of refugees arriving in Europe.Valencia winElsewhere, Paco Alcacer headed in Valencia’s injury-time winner for 1-0 at Sporting Gijon, their first win in three league matches.Held scoreless in the first two rounds of the season, Ronaldo exploded with a blistering hat-trick by the 20th minute, scoring from passes by Luka Modric and Gareth Bale in between a penalty kick.Ronaldo set up Karim Benzema to make it 4-0 before half-time and scored again in the 61st and 81st to record his 32nd game with three or more goals for Madrid.Ronaldo’s latest scoring feat also moved the Ballon d’Or holder into fourth place on the Spanish League all-time scoring list. Messi holds the record with 285.last_img read more

Continue reading

Dwayne Star, Action Man set for showdown

first_imgWith no trophies at stake at Caymanas Park today, the 3-y-o and up overnight allowance races over the straight-five course move into the spotlight with eight horses declared.Indications are that it will come down to a straight fight between old rivals DWAYNE STAR and ACTION MAN, second and third, respectively, to SHINING LIGHT in the recent Easter Sprint Cup over 1100 metres.The Lorenzo Robinson-trained ACTION MAN showed good speed in the Easter Monday feature, only to be relegated to third by SHINING LIGHT and DWAYNE STAR, both of whom went down to the wire in a photofinish, with SHINING LIGHT prevailing by a head.ACTION MAN, who is well drawn at post position seven, is almost sure to set off in front under the in-form jockey Aaron Chatrie. But DWAYNE STAR will be a lot closer leaving the quarter pole, especially with three-time champion Dane Nelson now taking the ride.IN GOOD NICKAlso going for DWAYNE STAR is the fact that he had won his three previous races before the Easter Sprint, including one over the straight, and with trainer Patrick ‘Wacky’ Lynch presenting him in good nick, I expect DWAYNE STAR to make amends and win ahead of ACTION MAN and SUPERIOR QUALITY.Significantly, Nelson, the leading jockey so far this season, will leave the island next Thursday, April 21, to ride in Canada for several months. The 31-year-old jockey did a stint in Canada for the first time last year, riding 48 winners.Other firm fancies on the nine-race programme are down in class UNBREAK-ABLE under top apprentice Linton Steadman in the second race; WARTINE in the fourth; DYSFUNCT-IONAL in the sixth race for maiden three-year-olds; GENUINE ARTICLE in the seventh; and MANDEYA in the closing $180,000 claiming race over the straight five course to be contested by the maximum 16 starters.last_img read more

Continue reading

CONCACAF sues Warner for US$50m

first_imgMIAMI (CMC):Trinidad and Tobago’s Jack Warner, the former vice-president of football world governing body (FIFA), is being sued for more than US$50 by the Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association (CONCACAF).The new suit centres around a lavish soccer facility built in Trinidad with millions of dollars in funding from FIFA.The suit accuses Warner, who served as CONCACAF president for 20 years before resigning in 2011, of fraudulently securing FIFA and CONCACAF funding to develop the property.The site now includes a hotel and banqueting facilities and is said to be built on lands belonging to Warner.FIGHTING EXTRADITIONHis wife, his accountant and two companies linked to the 73-year-old are also named as defendants.Warner, who has in the past denied wrongdoing, is also facing corruption charges in the United States and remains in Trinidad, where he is fighting extradition.Warner, who was banned from soccer by FIFA in September, is one of four presidents who have been forced from office amid claims of wrongdoing, with three charged by the US Department of Justice.CONCACAF last week elected Canada’s Victor Montagliani as its latest leader and is on the verge of naming a new general secretary as soon as next week.last_img read more

Continue reading

Bradley judged on his words as well as results at Swansea

first_imgLONDON (AP): It seems Bob Bradley is being judged on more than just results during his first coaching stint in the English Premier League. Swansea’s American manager knows he is under scrutiny for the vocabulary he is using, too. Bradley arrived at the Welsh club in October aware that he would have to live with British “snobbery” over the terminology used by Americans in football, and that his nationality would bring preconceptions about his credentials for the job. Asked yesterday whether he was concerned about the attention he was getting for using terms like ‘PK’ for penalty kick and ‘road games’ for away games, Bradley said it was “part of the deal” of working in a country that invented the game. “Ninety-five per cent of my football vocab fits without any question,” Bradley said at a pre-match news conference. “Every now and then, there’s something that comes out. It wouldn’t make sense if I sounded exactly like everybody else.” Bradley didn’t appear unhappy about being questioned over his occasional Americanisms, and spoke at length about how he uses phrases picked up from spells coaching in various countries around the world, including France and Norway. “I had German-coaching friends that use the word ‘forechecking,’ in terms of pressing,” he said. “It’s a hockey word, a hockey phrase, but they use that. When I was in Norway, the organisation of a team when you have the ball, they call it offensive marking, some places call that rest defence. Football vocabulary has phrases that come from different places. “Look, when I’m speaking normally, I talk about home form, away form, but there is a part in American sports (for example), if the San Antonio Spurs have a bad game playing outside of San Antonio (head coach), Greg Popovich will say sometimes, ‘We’re not good enough on the road.’ So, yeah, every now and then, a little bit of that comes out of me, but not too much.” Bradley used an example from when he was coaching at French second-tier club Le Havre and he told reporters of the importance of his team keeping a clean sheet. “They looked at me and said, ‘What’s a clean sheet?'” Bradley said, smiling. “This is football.” Bradley is more concerned about Swansea’s form on the field than what he is saying off it. The team is next-to-last in the Premier League standings, only above Hull on goal difference, going into a stretch of three games in a nine-day span over the festive period. Swansea have won two of their 10 matches since Bradley took over. Asked if his future at Swansea hinged on their next two games at home to West Ham on Monday and Bournemouth on December 31 Bradley said: “Maybe. I never know how that works and I don’t spend much time thinking about it. “I think we’ve had moments along the way when we thought we were close to taking a big step forward. We’ve left some points on the table in those 10 games and that would make the discussion different.”last_img read more

Continue reading

Vox Pop | Are you happy with how the Sligoville Stadium is being used?

first_imgWhat would you want to seeat the Sligoville Stadium?Sashawna Powell”It’s only when events are taking place you see things happening – cleaning up, mostly. They don’t really service the facility as how they are supposed to and we are not comfortable with it. We are looking out for the young people but not only the young people, but the sports facility is supposed to be used more because it is a sports complex.Danario ThomasWe would like to be able to see more big football games, games that we can see on TV. I would like to see the national team train here. We use it to play football on it Monday to Friday, and we should try more to protect the facility when we in the community use itKenrick ThomasWe need more development in the community and the stadium is just there wasting. We would like some more things taking place that it can benefit us in the community. We would like to help maintain it, but we don’t know who is really responsible for it, to know how to go about that.Lionel Baird”I believe it can be utilised some more. The schools should come and use it more for sporting activities, and I heard G.C. Foster was taking over. It has improved. The seating was the main problem but they fixed that and they have cut the field so they can play on it, so it is all right now but we need more activities, that is the key thing.”last_img read more

Continue reading

Edwin Allen, Jago top Digicel Grand Prix

first_img RECORD BREAKING Like they did a year ago, it was the same story as Edwin Allen and St Jago high schools retained their Girls and Boys’ titles, respectively, at Saturday’s G.C. Foster Classic, the finale of the Digicel Grand Prix, inside the National Stadium. The schools walked away with $1 million each. In the girls’ section, it was a convincing win for the Michael Dyke-coached team from Frankfield, Clarendon. They took over the lead from early leaders Excelsior to score a run-away win with 76 points. Excelsior finished second with 54 points to walk away with $500,000, while Holmwood was third with 52 points and $250,000. It was close going all the way between St Jago, Calabar and Kingston College in the Boys’ section, but in the end it was the Rhansome Edwards-coached team from Monk Street that came out on top with a close 1.5 point win. They tallied 84 to Calabar’s 82.5 points to take home $1 million Calabar walked away with $500,000. Kingston College ended third on 60 points and $250,000 richer. Both Hydel and Calabar ended the meet on a high with recording-breaking performances in the 4×400 metres. Hydel stopped the clock at 3:35.66, getting the better of Holmwood Technical, second in 3:39.5, with the Queen’s School coming third in 3:43.89. Calabar, anchored by the outstanding Christopher Taylor, who earlier clocked a personal best of 20.59 seconds in winning the Boys’ Under-20 200m, took his team to a new mark of 3:09.96, as St. Elizabeth Technical finished second in 3:12.84, with St Jago coming in third in 3:15.77.last_img read more

Continue reading